* What is depression? Depression is similar to a fever, rising up against you to indicate a problem whether it be emotional, mental or physical health. Depression delusions the mind and increases negative thoughts. Irregardless, you're still in control. Nothing can make you lose control or dominate your will. The choices you make in life are your own.
* How do you overcome depression? a) Proper counseling with people you know to trust. b) Keep distant from the source causing the problem, or environment hindering your well being. c) Take time alone for yourself. d) Find a quiet place, and write it all down in a journal. Express your grief and pain in writing, at least an hour a day. It's a step by step process which takes time until you've reached the finish line. It's never easy to open old wounds, but the end result is superb. An emotional injury needs to therapetically unload all venom embedded in the emotion, and this will begin the healing process.
There are testimonies of depressed victims who learned to cope with depression, and they describe the symptom to become less as years go by. But why cope when you can heal from the symptom? Why waste years of precious time coping with depression as if it were a life time disability? Life is a gift, so make the best of it.
Three Types of Depression
1) Emotional Depression begins from childhood. It is an emotional injury caused by abuse, or other traumatic circumstances; and it prevents a child from developing their confidence. Without confidence it becomes difficult to succeed in life. Hebrews 10:35, Do not cast away your confidence which brings great rewards. Emotional depression is deep depression which is the highest level of a depressed stage. This also creates a high level of stress to eventually overwhelm the body. It becomes a cycle in which the depression eventually affects the mind, and creates health issues too. With this type of depression you find yourself trapped in your own world, for you create a wall of protection which is a defense mechanism of your own imaginative world. You also develop phobias, unbearable fear, and intimidation due to lack of confidence. The emotion is the root foundation which determines our way of thinking, living, and our goals and dreams for life. If the emotion is injured, then the wall of confidence is not available as you are confined to a place of insecurity; and the mind is unable to receive proper and confident correction towards becoming strong. An emotional injury will also bring about anxiety attacks due to anger. You become emotionally defenseless, and incapable to defend yourself in a world filled with bad people.
How can anger be the cause to anxiety attacks? Anger builds up in your system to reach its limit and overwhelms the body. Is like filling up a balloon with too much air, and eventually will explode.
An open heart seeks for emotional healing and will express vulnerability, sensitivity, intimidation, and constant fear. An open heart is a good thing, but can easily fall into a trap. For this reason you also need to trust God for guidance. God knows the heart of every individual, so He can better instruct your ways as to who you can trust and not trust. He will protect you from your enemies, for their are people who will take advantage of your vulnerable spirit or sensitive emotion.
People who seek to devour are those who refuse to heal and restore from their past pain, and they hide their pain behind a wall of hypocricy. These are people would rather cheat, and release their frustrations by hurting, and hindering vulnerable/weak people seeking for emotional healing.
The danger always lies in the emotionally injured individual whose heart is open for healing, for their lack of confidence may gear them in the wrong direction; and cruel people will have the victory, and last say over the emotionally distraut victim. For this reason the victim must "Trust God"! It is courageous to open an injured heart and seek healing, but it can also be risky if not guided appropiately. The victim's future may end up in ruins if not geared correctly. A vulnerable heart is blinded and sensitive to be easily deceived, and taken advantage.
2) Mental Depression is rooted from a tragic event, traumatic incident, an overwhelming shock, or injury to have traumatized the mind. When the mind is traumatized, is like a shock wave, and you will develop panic attacks to indicate a sign of mental trauma. With panic attacks you are limited when handling life's stress. If a traumatized mind is never treated on time, then the problem will develop into mental depression.
The symptoms of mental depression brings about negative repititious thoughts, annoying bad habits, and/or superstitious habits to create unnecessary fear and worry.
If you are emotionally stable or confident, (no signs of an emotional injury), then you can emotionally supplement, or help to correct the mind with positive/confident thoughts; and mental trauma will correct itself to subside.
3) Physical Depression is due to health issues caused by a) years of enduring deep emotional depression, b) perhaps a bad pattern of wrong eating habits, lack of exercise, and lack of sleep.
These are the following symptoms of physical depression: To feel blue, sad, lack of motivation, always tired or sleepy, lack of energy. Chiropractic treatments is a great source to help correct certain health issues, and boost the body to normal function. Also a proper diet with proper exercise; and a good sleeping pattern is a must. Sugar is very unhealthy, especially when exceeding the limit.
Physical depression can also be contributed to other causes such as a physical impairment, or a severe physical injury. Depending on the disability or injury, for it may bring the body to a down spiro. In such situation, depression must be treated accordingly.
Anti-Depressants are okay to bring temporary relief, but it never takes away the problem. You confront depression by confronting the source of the problem. Anti-depressants are definitely needed in some cases to which a physical disability may cause depression, and it becomes an urgent matter for treatment. But it's not to say that a disability won't allow the individual to heal from depression. Anything is possible.
Drug Abuse Is Suicide
Anyone addicted to strong drug substances are on a dangerous road. Drugs are suicide! It will possess the nerve system and mind, and will control the individual to delusion their way of thinking. People on drugs are fully aware of the consequences, but they don't seem to care. The addiction is strong, and adds more problems on top of additional problems existing in the victim's life. Drug addiction will bring danger to the drug user, and to the lives of innocent people.
Silent Depression Is A Sign Of A Suicide Attempt
Suicide is due to despair which is worse than deep depression. Despair is to withhold back symptoms of agonizing depression, and is kept silent by the victim. Once the victim has voluntarily opened their broken heart towards healing, depression sets in and the victim should never withhold back the symptoms of depression. It is a step by step process to remain open about their feelings, for there is no turning back once the heart is open for healing. When the heart cracks open like a shell, it can no longer close again, for the individual is no longer in denial to also withhold back guilt and shame. The challenge of facing depression must always be confronted in faith and not fear. The victim needs to acknowledge that they are in control, and they are safe. Life is not perfect, but God's love is. His love will never betray us, and He will keep us safe as long as we follow His will.
Suicide is a self-afflicted and selfish act of disrespect. People who in weakness choose to commit such crime are only focused on self. In Suicide there is no return, no way to repent, for after death there's no return for a 2nd chance. The opportunity to repent and heal is available to us in life. Life is a challenge to grow and mature, and never intended to destroy. God loves and respects us, so why not love and respect ourselves? People who intend to commit such crime will never announce their plan towards suicide. They will hint ideas such as choice of funeral arrangements, how they like to be remembered, where to scatter their ashes, etc. . .; and it's quite subtle. Suddenly, the shocking act of suicide is committed to leave love once confused, numb, and perhaps guilty or angry. Depression NEVER has control over the will or choices we make in life, for depression can be DEFEATED!